The fact that six teams got first-place votes in the preseason Big 12 poll was a sure sign that league would be unpredictable in 2013.
Good luck trying to figure out the conference race now.
Oklahoma State, the preseason favorite, lost on Saturday to West Virginia. Presumptive contenders TCU and Texas each have two losses, and defending league champion Kansas State lost to FCS powerhouse North Dakota State.
Only Oklahoma, Baylor and Texas Tech survived September unbeaten.
The Sooners look like the favorites after an impressive win at Notre Dame. But it sure looks like the Big 12 race could stretch past Thanksgiving.
The league's first full week starts Thursday when Iowa State (1-2, 0-0 Big 12) hosts the Longhorns (2-2, 1-0).
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital