ARLINGTON, Texas - Trevone Boykin led three straight scoring drives after starter Casey Pachall left with an injury game, and No. 24 TCU pulled away from Southeastern Louisiana 38-17 on Saturday.
Pachall appeared to injure his left arm or wrist at the end of a running play late in the second quarter. Boykin ran 16 yards on the next play, and Jaden Oberkrom ended the first half with a 46-yard field goal that put the Horned Frogs (1-1) ahead 17-14.
Boykin completed a 29-yard pass to Brandon Carter on the first play of the second half, and Carter finished that drive with a 5-yard scoring run. Then Boykin threw 27 yards to Josh Doctson for a 31-14 lead.
Bryan Bennett had 132 yards passing and another 132 rushing for the Lions (1-1), who had never scored more than 10 points in five games against BCS teams since bringing back football in 2003.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget