RICHARDSON, Texas - With American Southwest Conference volleyball play completed, the ASC has announced the bracket for the ASC Championship that will be hosted by the University of Texas at Dallas in Richardson Nov. 7-9 at the UTD Activity Center.
Teams still have a week left in the regular season, but ASC play was completed over the weekend. UTD earned the right to host the double-elimination tournament with a 17-1 league mark.
HSU will be looking for its fifth ASC title and fourth straight. HSU is the No. 4 seed and will play Texas-Tyler on Thursday at 2:30. The winner will take on UTD at 7:30.
The other side of the bracket has No. 2 seed Mary Hardin-Baylor with the bye and No. 3 seed East Texas Baptist and No. 6 seed Concordia. UMHB will play the winner of the noon ETBU-Concordia game.
The 2013 ASC Volleyball Championship Tournament is the 16th postseason event dating back to 1998. The ASC tournament winner earns an automatic berth in the NCAA Division III Women's Volleyball Championship.
This marks the Cowgirls ninth straight ASC Championship appearance. HSU has played in the ASC final in seven of the previous eight appearances.
NOTES: Admission: $7 for adults, $5 for college students, $3 for students 6-17 years old. Under age 6 will be admitted for no charge. No complimentary admission passes will be accepted … For parking information and a map of the UTD campus click here … This is the fourth time that Texas-Dallas will serve as host … The 2013 ASC Tournament is the first in conference history without an East and West Division format … The ASC Tournament began in 1998. There was no such event in 1996 (Howard Payne) or 1997 (McMurry) … To talk about/follow the tournament on Twitter, use the hashtag: #ASCvb.
2013 AMERICAN SOUTHWEST CONFERENCE VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT
Richardson, Texas / UTD Activity Center / Hosted by: The University of Texas at Dallas
Day One: Thursday, November 7
Game 1 –– #3 East Texas Baptist vs. #6 Concordia Texas, 12:00 p.m.
Game 2 –– #4 Hardin-Simmons vs. #5 Texas-Tyler, 2:30 p.m.
Game 3 –– #2 Mary Hardin-Baylor vs. Winner Game 1 (3/6), 5:00 p.m.
Game 4 –– #1 Texas-Dallas vs. Winner Game 2 (4/5), 7:30 p.m.
Day Two: Friday, November 8
Game 5 –– Loser Game 1 vs. Loser Game 4, 12:00 p.m.
Game 6 –– Loser Game 2 vs. Loser Game 3, 2:30 p.m.
Game 7 –– Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4, 5:00 p.m.
Game 8 –– Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 6, 7:30 p.m.
Day Three: Saturday, November 9
Game 9 –– Loser Game 7 vs. Winner Game 8, 12:00 p.m.
Game 10 –– Championship / Winner Game 7 vs. Winner Game 9, 3:00 p.m.
Game 11 (if needed) –– Game 10 Teams, 5:30 p.m.
2013 ASC Standings
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Calais 'Jungle': Demolition of massive migrant camp to begin
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- KTXS Forecast: Cloud cover temporarily increases for Tuesday
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer