WACO, Texas - McMurry University junior has been voted the Heartland Conference men's tennis "Player of the Week," it has been announced by the league office. The weekly award covers the period ending March 23.
In last week's matches, Rico won all three of his singles matches in straight sets. As a team, McM went 2-1 last week and Rico improved his personal record to a team-leading 8-2 in singles.
Rico, from Grapevine, Texas, also went 2-1 in doubles play. He and partner won their 30th-career match in pairs play by defeating Dallas Baptist on Saturday.
Information for this story provided by MCMurry Athletics.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Updated Justin Ross Harris sentenced to life for son's hot-car death
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade