WACO, Texas - McMurry University junior has been voted the Heartland Conference men's tennis "Player of the Week," it has been announced by the league office. The weekly award covers the period ending March 23.
In last week's matches, Rico won all three of his singles matches in straight sets. As a team, McM went 2-1 last week and Rico improved his personal record to a team-leading 8-2 in singles.
Rico, from Grapevine, Texas, also went 2-1 in doubles play. He and partner won their 30th-career match in pairs play by defeating Dallas Baptist on Saturday.
Information for this story provided by MCMurry Athletics.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday