BROWNWOOD, Texas - Howard Payne guard Donovan Ford (Port Arthur, Texas/Memorial HS) was named the American Southwest Conference men's basketball player of the week. Ford scored a career-high 34 points to go along with four assists in a conference victory over Concordia Texas. Ford followed that up with a game-high 27 points versus the No. 11 Mary Hardin-Baylor. Ford pulled down 12 boards, was 11-of-11 from the free-throw line and only committed two turnovers in the both contests.
Howard Payne guard Danyel Bradley (DeSoto, Texas/Bishop Lynch HS) was named the American Southwest Conference women's basketball player of the week. Bradley scored a career-high 30 points in addition to eight rebounds and four steals in a conference win over Concordia Texas. She followed that up with a double-double performance of 27-points and 10 rebounds in a blowout victory over Mary Hardin-Baylor. Bradley finished 16-of-19 from the free-throw line for the week.
Information provided by the American Southwest Conference media department.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Updated Abilene parents offer to pay for after-school programs