ASHBURN, Virginia - Kirk Cousins will start for the Washington Redskins on Sunday - and Robert Griffin III will be the No. 3 quarterback behind Rex Grossman.
Coach Mike Shanahan on Wednesday went ahead with his plan to sit Griffin, further stoking the turmoil surrounding the future of the coach.
Shanahan said on Monday that he was considering benching Griffin for the rest of the season to keep the quarterback healthy for the offseason. Shanahan pointed out at Griffin has been sacked 24 times in the last five games and that two of the Redskins' final three games are on artificial turf, including Sunday at Atlanta.
But there's no certainty that Shanahan will be the coach next year. The Redskins are 3-10, their third losing season in his four years in Washington.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth