ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' baseball team dropped its last non-conference game of the year, falling 6-5 to Southwestern on Tuesday night at Hunter Field.
Southwestern jumped to a 3-0 lead in the first on a three-run home run by Chase Allen. SU made it 4-0 in the fourth on a Tyler Bludau RBI single in the fourth.
HSU cut the deficit in half in the third on a two-run double by Zack de Luna. Clayton Sparks had a sacrifice fly in the fifth for Southwestern.
The Cowboys added a run in the fifth on a de Luna RBI single and Southwestern scored in the sixth on an RBI groundout by Ty Herriage.
HSU added a run in the eight on a wild pitch and Marcus Uechi had an RBI groundout in the ninth for HSU.
HSU used a different pitcher in each inning. Jeremy Hallmark took the loss to fall to 1-4 on the year.
Colton Seeton the second of five Southwestern pitchers earned the win and Michael Platz worked the ninth for his first save of the year.
Seven Southwestern hitters had two hits each and Allen drove in three runs. De Luna and Caleb Jacques had two hits each for HSU and de Luna drove in three runs and Jacques scored three times.
HSU is 14-20 on the year and Southwestern improved to 14-26. HSU hosts Louisiana College this weekend with the doubleheader on Friday starting at 3 p.m.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- 17 children adopted at Taylor County Courthouse on Adoption Day
- Texas spirit: How a fatal wreck brought hundreds of cheerleaders together
- Police: 2 Abilene men face federal charges for filming sexual assault of girl, 12
- Lineup announced for 7th annual Outlaws & Legends Music Festival
- Police need help identifying Abilene theft suspect
- Man, 24, killed in Jones County crash
- Reindeer involved in accident near Sweetwater weeks before Christmas
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale