ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' baseball team dropped its last non-conference game of the year, falling 6-5 to Southwestern on Tuesday night at Hunter Field.
Southwestern jumped to a 3-0 lead in the first on a three-run home run by Chase Allen. SU made it 4-0 in the fourth on a Tyler Bludau RBI single in the fourth.
HSU cut the deficit in half in the third on a two-run double by Zack de Luna. Clayton Sparks had a sacrifice fly in the fifth for Southwestern.
The Cowboys added a run in the fifth on a de Luna RBI single and Southwestern scored in the sixth on an RBI groundout by Ty Herriage.
HSU added a run in the eight on a wild pitch and Marcus Uechi had an RBI groundout in the ninth for HSU.
HSU used a different pitcher in each inning. Jeremy Hallmark took the loss to fall to 1-4 on the year.
Colton Seeton the second of five Southwestern pitchers earned the win and Michael Platz worked the ninth for his first save of the year.
Seven Southwestern hitters had two hits each and Allen drove in three runs. De Luna and Caleb Jacques had two hits each for HSU and de Luna drove in three runs and Jacques scored three times.
HSU is 14-20 on the year and Southwestern improved to 14-26. HSU hosts Louisiana College this weekend with the doubleheader on Friday starting at 3 p.m.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Texas gunman had 2 weapons, thousands of rounds at scene
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- KTXS Forecast: Isolated sprinkles possible then drying afternoon
- North Texas son, 18, gets life in prison for killing parents
- Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- More Abilene convenience store robberies reported
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Clyde, rescue dog