ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' baseball team dropped its last non-conference game of the year, falling 6-5 to Southwestern on Tuesday night at Hunter Field.
Southwestern jumped to a 3-0 lead in the first on a three-run home run by Chase Allen. SU made it 4-0 in the fourth on a Tyler Bludau RBI single in the fourth.
HSU cut the deficit in half in the third on a two-run double by Zack de Luna. Clayton Sparks had a sacrifice fly in the fifth for Southwestern.
The Cowboys added a run in the fifth on a de Luna RBI single and Southwestern scored in the sixth on an RBI groundout by Ty Herriage.
HSU added a run in the eight on a wild pitch and Marcus Uechi had an RBI groundout in the ninth for HSU.
HSU used a different pitcher in each inning. Jeremy Hallmark took the loss to fall to 1-4 on the year.
Colton Seeton the second of five Southwestern pitchers earned the win and Michael Platz worked the ninth for his first save of the year.
Seven Southwestern hitters had two hits each and Allen drove in three runs. De Luna and Caleb Jacques had two hits each for HSU and de Luna drove in three runs and Jacques scored three times.
HSU is 14-20 on the year and Southwestern improved to 14-26. HSU hosts Louisiana College this weekend with the doubleheader on Friday starting at 3 p.m.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Interstate 20 bridge construction may impact businesses
- AISD announces principal change at Abilene High School
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities
- Abilene man, 29, arrested on robbery charges
- Colorado City correctional facility facing closure under proposed budget
- Fundraising continues for families of victims in deadly Haskell County crash
- Liquor store owner wants Abilene City Council to extend alcohol sales
- Taylor County board meets for first time since commissioner's arrest
- TxDOT paying for school zone sign near Victory Life Academy
- Brown County zookeeper wants rollback of ban on exotic animals