ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' men's tennis team lost to the University of the Southwest 6-3 on Friday afternoon at the Streich Tennis Center.
The Cowboys fell behind 2-1 after doubles action. Dylan Price and Jordan Wilson teamed to win 8-3 at No. 3 doubles over Alfred Mehan and Alex Sandoval. Frankie Sanchez and Jesse Rawlings lost a tiebreaker at No. 2 doubles.
In singles action, Nathan Chavez won 6-1, 6-3 at No. 2 singles over Thomas Mizera and Rawlings won by retirement over Mehan at No. 3 singles.
All of the rest of the Cowboys lost in straight sets.
HSU is now 1-3 on the season and will play at Abilene Christian at 9 am.
U. of the Southwest 6, Hardin-Simmons 3
1. Marek Ondruj (USW) def. Michael McCullough, 6-3, 7-6
2. Nathan Chavez (HSU) def. Thomas Mizera, 6-1, 6-3
3. Jesse Rawlings (HSU) def. Alfred Mehan, 6-7, 3-0, retired
4. Alex Sandoval (USW) def. Jordan Wilson, 6-2, 6-4
5. Max Sladkowsky (USW) def. Dylan Price, 6-3, 6-3
6. Denis Sladkowsky (USW) def. Justin Fry, 6-3, 6-0
1. Ondruj/Mizera (USW) def. McCullough/Chavez, 8-5
2. Sladkowsky/Sladkowsky (USW) def. Frankie Sanchez/Rawlings, 9-8
3. Wilson/Price (HSU) def. Mehan/Sandoval, 8-3
Information for this story provided by HSU Sports Information.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Updated Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking another cold front
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend