SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' had a solid showing on Sunday in the final day of the Intercollegiate Tennis Association Southwest Regional at Trinity University in San Antonio.
Frankie Sanchez and Jason Ligon won the B Flight doubles championship. Ligon and Andrew Eurek advanced to the B Consolation Singles Championship and did not play the final.
Sanchez lost in the A Consolation semifinals.
The tournament ends the HSU fall season.
A Draw Consolation
Sanjo Dizdaervic (TLU) Def. Frankie Sanchez (HSU), 7-5, 6-2
B Draw Singles Consolation
Jason Ligon def. Omeed Azmoudeh (SW), 6-2, 6-4
Jordan Jackson (UMHB) def. Jordan Subia (HSU), 7-5, 7-5
Andrew Eurek (HSU) def. Cole Brachman (UMHB), 6-2, 7-5
Henry Moon (TLU) def. Justin Fry (HSU), 6-3, 6-3
Ligon def. Jackson, 7-6, 7-5
Eurek (HSU) def. Moon, 6-3, 7-5
B Draw Doubles
Green/Logan (Trinity) def. Jordan Subia/Thomas Morales (HSU), 8-5
Frankie Sanchez/Jason Ligon won by default
Sanchez/Ligon def. Brown/Marifan (TU), 8-6
Sanchez/Ligon def. Green/Logan (Trinity), 8-6
Information provided by HSU Athletics.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated