RICHARDSON, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' men's tennis team is the No. 4 seed in the American Southwest Conference Men's Tennis Championship Tournament this weekend at the University of Texas-Tyler.
The Cowboys will open their title quest with a match against LeTourneau at 4:30 on Friday. A win will put the Cowboys in the semifinals against Texas-Tyler and the championship is slated for 3:30 on Sunday.
HSU comes into the tournament as one of the hottest teams in the league. HSU has won eight of its last 10 matches and is 10-10 on the year and finished 7-3 in ASC play. The Cowboys beat LeTourneau 7-2 in their regular-season meeting.
The Cowboys are looking for their eighth league title and first since 2007. HSU has appeared in all but one of the ASC Tournaments in league history.
HSU is led by its two seniors Erich Bein and Michael McCullough at No. 1 and No. 2 singles. The Cowboys have two junior Nathan Chavez and Jordan Wilson and two freshmen Sam May and Andrew Eurek in the lineup.
Information for this story provided by Hardin-Simmons Athletics.
- Christmas market in Abilene benefits African orphanage
- Russian man caught with synthetic opioid in Abilene, could face deportation
- Abilene's Food for Fares campaign nearing its end
- City of Abilene offering trolley tour of homes decorated for holidays
- Abilene parents fear impending cuts to therapy for children