TYLER, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' men's golf team shot a season low round of 300 and is in fifth place at the Al Jones Invitational that is being played at the par-71, 6,944-yard Cascades Golf Club in Tyler.
HSU was led by its three juniors Ryan Hughes (73), Sean Aleman (74) and Brandon Heard (75). Hughes is in a tie for seventh place overall. Freshmen Austin Prior and Sam Rogers carded 78 and 79 respectively.
Trinity and the Texas Tyler B team are in a tie for the lead in the 11-team field with a 292 total. Mary Hardin-Baylor is a shot back. Texas-Tyler is fourth with a 298 and HSU is in fifth, one shot ahead of Texas Dallas and Louisiana College.
Charley Graves of UTT B shot a one-under 70 to lead the medalist race.
The tournament concludes with 18 holes on Tuesday.
T 7 Ryan Hughes
T 14 Sean Aleman
T 18 Brandon Heard
T 36 Austin Prior
T 40 Sam Rogers
1 Trinity University
3 Mary Hardin-Baylor
4 Texas - Tyler
6 Texas - Dallas
9 Centenary College
10 Mississippi College
Top 10 Individuals
1 Charley Graves
2 Z. Ryan Bell
5 Buddy Hallman
7 Daniel Deloach
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims