ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' men's tennis team snapped an eight-match losing streak with a 6-3 win over Schreiner on Friday afternoon at the Streich Tennis Complex.
HSU won two of the three doubles matches with Michael McCullough and Nathan Chavez winning 8-5 at No. 1 and Steven Stanley and Jordan Wilson winning 8-5 at No. 2.
McCullough, Chavez, Stanley and Wilson also won their singles matches at No. 1, 2, 3 and 5. Wilson came from behind to win a three-setter.
HSU is now 2-10 overall and 1-1 in league play. Schreiner fell to 3-11 overall and 0-2 in ASC play. HSU returns to action on Thursday at McMurry.
Hardin-Simmons 6, Schreiner 3
1. Michael McCullough (HSU) def. Austin Carrolla, 6-2, 7-5
2. Nathan Chavez (HSU) def. Stephen Rogers, 6-4, 6-0
3. Steven Stanley (HSU) def. Nathan West, 6-4, 6-2
4. Josh Ramirez (SU) def. Jesse Rawlings, 7-6, 6-7, 10-3
5. Jordan Wilson (HSU) def. Brice Conoly, 3-6, 7-5, 10-8
6. Marco Hinojosa (SU) def. Dylan Price, 4-6, 6-2, 10-1
1. McCullough/Chavez (HSU) def. Carrolla/Rogers, 8-5
2. Stanley/Wilson (HSU) def. Thomas Lozano/ Ramirez, 8-5
3. Conoly/West (SU) def. Frankie Sanchez/Rawlings, 9-7
Information for this story provided by HSU Sports Information.
- Witness to Abilene man's murder names Gootee as shooter
- 2 riding in Bangs bike race to honor fallen Texas officers
- Ex-NFL quarterback Tim Tebow to speak in Brownwood next year
- Drone taking video of downtown Abilene streets Sunday
- Updated Police fatality report: Car accidents among top cause of death