TYLER, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' men's golf team finished with an opening-round 321 and finds itself in 10th place at the Al Jones Memorial Tournament at the 6,944-yard, par-71 Cascades Golf Course in Tyler.
Senior Tyler Mileger shot a 77 to lead the Cowboys' effort. Ryan Hughes shot 78, Sean Aleman had an 80, Brandon Heard fired an 86 and Anthony Chiarelli had an 87.
Texas-Tyler leads its own tournament after shooting 292. The Patriots were the only team that shot under a 304 on a tough-scoring day. Mary Hardin-Baylor is in second place with a 304 and Texas-Tyler Orange is in third place with a 306.
Jimmy Ellis of Mississippi College and John Dukes and Dayton Cargill share the first-round medalist lead after shooting one-over par 72's.
The tournament concludes with 18 holes on Tuesday.
Information for this story provided by HSU Sports Information.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget