ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' men's tennis team fell to Texas-Dallas 7-2 on Friday afternoon in non-conference action at the Streich Tennis Center.
Michael McCullough won 6-3, 6-0 at No. 1 singles over Casey Clark and Jordan Wilson beat Kyle Clark, 6-2, 6-1 at No. 6 singles for the Cowboys two wins.
HSU is now 4-13 on the year and UTD improved to 11-4. HSU will close the regular season at Mary Hardin-Baylor on Saturday at 1 p.m.
Texas Dallas 7, Hardin-Simmons 2
1. Michael McCullough (HSU) def. Casey Clark, 6-3, 6-0
2. Dustin Foster (UTD) def. Nathan Chavez (HSU) 7-6, 6-4
3. Byron Cole (UTD) def. Steven Stanley (HSU) 6-1, 6-0
4. Bryan Leib (UTD) def. Jesse Rawlings (HSU) 6-3, 7-6
5. Sander Kaasjager (UTD) def. Frankie Sanchez (HSU) 6-2, 6-4
6. Jordan Wilson (HSU) def. Kyle Clark, 6-2, 6-1
1. Cole/Leib (UTD) def. McCullough/Chavez, 8-5
2. Foster/Davis (UTD) def. Stanley/Wilson, 9-7
3. Casey Clark/Kyle Clark (UTD) def. Sanchez/Rawlings, 8-4
Information for this story provided by HSU Sports Information.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated