ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' men's tennis team fell to Texas-Dallas 7-2 on Friday afternoon in non-conference action at the Streich Tennis Center.
Michael McCullough won 6-3, 6-0 at No. 1 singles over Casey Clark and Jordan Wilson beat Kyle Clark, 6-2, 6-1 at No. 6 singles for the Cowboys two wins.
HSU is now 4-13 on the year and UTD improved to 11-4. HSU will close the regular season at Mary Hardin-Baylor on Saturday at 1 p.m.
Texas Dallas 7, Hardin-Simmons 2
1. Michael McCullough (HSU) def. Casey Clark, 6-3, 6-0
2. Dustin Foster (UTD) def. Nathan Chavez (HSU) 7-6, 6-4
3. Byron Cole (UTD) def. Steven Stanley (HSU) 6-1, 6-0
4. Bryan Leib (UTD) def. Jesse Rawlings (HSU) 6-3, 7-6
5. Sander Kaasjager (UTD) def. Frankie Sanchez (HSU) 6-2, 6-4
6. Jordan Wilson (HSU) def. Kyle Clark, 6-2, 6-1
1. Cole/Leib (UTD) def. McCullough/Chavez, 8-5
2. Foster/Davis (UTD) def. Stanley/Wilson, 9-7
3. Casey Clark/Kyle Clark (UTD) def. Sanchez/Rawlings, 8-4
Information for this story provided by HSU Sports Information.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash