ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' men's tennis team will look for its eighth American Southwest Conference title this weekend when it plays in the 2013 ASC Tennis Championship in Belton.
The Cowboys are now the No. 2 seed out of the ASC West after Texas Lutheran had to forfeit its schedule for an ineligible player. The Bulldogs won the ASC West and earned the right to host prior to the discovery of the ineligible player.
HSU will open play on Friday at 2 p.m. at Belton High School against Mississippi College in a rematch of last year's ASC Semifinal.
The Cowboys are 4-14 on the year and went 3-2 in ASC action. MC comes into the match with a record of 7-8 and 4-2 in conference play.
The winner of Friday's match will play top-seed Texas-Tyler in the semifinals, slated for 2 p.m. Saturday also at Belton High School. The championship will be played on Sunday, 30 minutes following the women's title match which is slated for 1 p.m. at Mary Hardin-Baylor.
HSU has played in every ASC Tournament and they won titles in 1998, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.
UMHB will provide official updates at http://cruathletics.com/sports/2013/4/23/MTEN_0423130242.aspx.
Information for this story provided by HSU Sports Information.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account