ALPINE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's basketball team won its second straight game to even its record at 8-8 with a 74-53 win over Sul Ross State in American Southwest Conference action at the Mabee Complex on Thursday night.
The Cowgirls took away any suspense in the game early on with 25-5 run to start the game and never trailed in the contest. HSU played all 12 players it suited up at least nine minutes.
In that opening run, the Cowgirls had three 3-pointers and HSU hit a season-best 11 3-pointers on the night.
HSU had a 30-12 advantage in the paint and outrebounded the Lobos 54-26 on the game.
Becca Chagnon had 11 points and 10 rebounds for her first career double-double. Joanna Daniel had 11 points and Alexis Popelar had 10 points, six rebounds and five assists. Shelby Hanna was the only Cowgirl starter to play more than 16 minutes in the contest.
Nicole Murdock had 15 points to pace Sul Ross state and Asrelle Anderson had 14 points.
The game featured just 14 total fouls and neither team reached the bonus in either half.
The Cowgirls are now 8-8 overall and 6-4 in ASC play. Sul Ross State fell to 1-16 overall and 0-11 in ASC play. HSU will host Howard Payne in a rare 3 p.m. game on Saturday at the Mabee Complex.
Information for this story provided by HSU Sports Information.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend