ALPINE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's basketball team won its second straight game to even its record at 8-8 with a 74-53 win over Sul Ross State in American Southwest Conference action at the Mabee Complex on Thursday night.
The Cowgirls took away any suspense in the game early on with 25-5 run to start the game and never trailed in the contest. HSU played all 12 players it suited up at least nine minutes.
In that opening run, the Cowgirls had three 3-pointers and HSU hit a season-best 11 3-pointers on the night.
HSU had a 30-12 advantage in the paint and outrebounded the Lobos 54-26 on the game.
Becca Chagnon had 11 points and 10 rebounds for her first career double-double. Joanna Daniel had 11 points and Alexis Popelar had 10 points, six rebounds and five assists. Shelby Hanna was the only Cowgirl starter to play more than 16 minutes in the contest.
Nicole Murdock had 15 points to pace Sul Ross state and Asrelle Anderson had 14 points.
The game featured just 14 total fouls and neither team reached the bonus in either half.
The Cowgirls are now 8-8 overall and 6-4 in ASC play. Sul Ross State fell to 1-16 overall and 0-11 in ASC play. HSU will host Howard Payne in a rare 3 p.m. game on Saturday at the Mabee Complex.
Information for this story provided by HSU Sports Information.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- San Angelo woman dies in three-vehicle collision near Ballinger
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer