ALPINE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's basketball team won its second straight game to even its record at 8-8 with a 74-53 win over Sul Ross State in American Southwest Conference action at the Mabee Complex on Thursday night.
The Cowgirls took away any suspense in the game early on with 25-5 run to start the game and never trailed in the contest. HSU played all 12 players it suited up at least nine minutes.
In that opening run, the Cowgirls had three 3-pointers and HSU hit a season-best 11 3-pointers on the night.
HSU had a 30-12 advantage in the paint and outrebounded the Lobos 54-26 on the game.
Becca Chagnon had 11 points and 10 rebounds for her first career double-double. Joanna Daniel had 11 points and Alexis Popelar had 10 points, six rebounds and five assists. Shelby Hanna was the only Cowgirl starter to play more than 16 minutes in the contest.
Nicole Murdock had 15 points to pace Sul Ross state and Asrelle Anderson had 14 points.
The game featured just 14 total fouls and neither team reached the bonus in either half.
The Cowgirls are now 8-8 overall and 6-4 in ASC play. Sul Ross State fell to 1-16 overall and 0-11 in ASC play. HSU will host Howard Payne in a rare 3 p.m. game on Saturday at the Mabee Complex.
Information for this story provided by HSU Sports Information.
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon