RICHARDSON, TX - Hardin-Simmons' volleyball team dropped a pair of matches at the UT-Dallas Labor Day Tournament on Saturday, falling 3-2 to Hendrix and 3-0 to Trinity.
HSU lost 25-23, 17-25, 19-25, 25-15, 15-12 to Hendrix. The Cowgirls dropped a close opening game and then won the next two games. Hendrix rolled in game four and then Hendrix used a 5-2 run with the deciding game tied at seven to take control.
Corrie Reeder led the Cowgirls with 13 kills and Hannah Hornsby added 11. Lauren Wish had 19 digs and Raygan McLelland added 15. Ellen Dees had 11 digs.
Senior setter Molli Owen had 42 assists and seven digs.
Trinity came out strong in the first game and hit .500 in a 25-16 win. The second game was tied at 21, before the Tigers scored four of the last five points. Trinity took control of the third game early leading 16-7.
Hornsby had nine kills and Grace Schulz added eight. McLelland had seven kills and 10 digs and Wish led the team with 12 digs.
Owen had 31 assists and moved to within 34 of the school record held by Amanda Curry.
HSU (1-3) is off until Sept. 12 when it hosts Texas-Dallas in the home and conference opener.
- Information for this story provided by Hardin-Simmons University Athletics -
- Updated Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Updated Two-headed rat snake gets new home at Central Texas zoo
- KTXS Forecast: Perfect weather for coming weekend
- Man recants story about road rage incident near Abilene
- Wanted: Former Abilene day care teacher among 4 being sought
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget