ROUND ROCK, Texas - Hardin-Simmons softball team dropped the final game of its series at Concordia, 3-0, in American Southwest Conference action at Old Settler's Park in Round Rock on Saturday morning.
Jessica Parish had a two-run single for Concordia in the fourth and Lyndsey Rodriguez had an RBI single in the fifth.
Sydnie Darden and Carley Willis had two hits each for HSU. Six different Tornados had one hit each.
Sydney Coffey tossed the shutout for Concordia to improve to 3-3. She scattered eight hits and struck out four. Emily Hardaway (2-4) took the loss for the Cowgirls allowing three runs on four hits. Keeley Lowrance worked two scoreless innings.
HSU is now 7-8 on the year and 5-7 in league play. Concordia improved to 9-8 overall and 7-5 in league play.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Updated Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking another cold front
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend