ROUND ROCK, Texas - Hardin-Simmons softball team dropped the final game of its series at Concordia, 3-0, in American Southwest Conference action at Old Settler's Park in Round Rock on Saturday morning.
Jessica Parish had a two-run single for Concordia in the fourth and Lyndsey Rodriguez had an RBI single in the fifth.
Sydnie Darden and Carley Willis had two hits each for HSU. Six different Tornados had one hit each.
Sydney Coffey tossed the shutout for Concordia to improve to 3-3. She scattered eight hits and struck out four. Emily Hardaway (2-4) took the loss for the Cowgirls allowing three runs on four hits. Keeley Lowrance worked two scoreless innings.
HSU is now 7-8 on the year and 5-7 in league play. Concordia improved to 9-8 overall and 7-5 in league play.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated