ROUND ROCK, Texas - Hardin-Simmons softball team dropped the final game of its series at Concordia, 3-0, in American Southwest Conference action at Old Settler's Park in Round Rock on Saturday morning.
Jessica Parish had a two-run single for Concordia in the fourth and Lyndsey Rodriguez had an RBI single in the fifth.
Sydnie Darden and Carley Willis had two hits each for HSU. Six different Tornados had one hit each.
Sydney Coffey tossed the shutout for Concordia to improve to 3-3. She scattered eight hits and struck out four. Emily Hardaway (2-4) took the loss for the Cowgirls allowing three runs on four hits. Keeley Lowrance worked two scoreless innings.
HSU is now 7-8 on the year and 5-7 in league play. Concordia improved to 9-8 overall and 7-5 in league play.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Shower chances returning from the east
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash