TYLER, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' softball team dropped a 1-0 game to Mary Hardin-Baylor to end its season on Friday night in the American Southwest Conference Championship Tournament at Suddenlink Field in Tyler.
UMHB broke a scoreless tie with a run in the sixth inning. Corina Drake doubled to lead off the inning and Amelia Cluke pinch ran for her. Myranda Hinojosa then had a bunt single and on the play the ball to first got away allowing Cluke to score the game's only run.
Senior Keeley Lowrance took the loss but pitched well, allowing just one run on six hits. Haley Parker started and worked five shutout innings for UMHB and ace Rebekah Ragsdale came on in the sixth inning and worked two scoreless innings to improve to 20-6 on the year.
HSU finishes the season with a record of 22-19. UMHB advances to play Louisiana College. The Cru is now 30-13 on the year.
It was the final career game for Clay and Lowrance, the two HSU seniors.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS