TYLER, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' softball team dropped a 1-0 game to Mary Hardin-Baylor to end its season on Friday night in the American Southwest Conference Championship Tournament at Suddenlink Field in Tyler.
UMHB broke a scoreless tie with a run in the sixth inning. Corina Drake doubled to lead off the inning and Amelia Cluke pinch ran for her. Myranda Hinojosa then had a bunt single and on the play the ball to first got away allowing Cluke to score the game's only run.
Senior Keeley Lowrance took the loss but pitched well, allowing just one run on six hits. Haley Parker started and worked five shutout innings for UMHB and ace Rebekah Ragsdale came on in the sixth inning and worked two scoreless innings to improve to 20-6 on the year.
HSU finishes the season with a record of 22-19. UMHB advances to play Louisiana College. The Cru is now 30-13 on the year.
It was the final career game for Clay and Lowrance, the two HSU seniors.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Updated Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Updated Abilene man, 20, taken to hospital after motorcycle broadsides car
- Updated Leaders approve $105M renovation plan for Houston Astrodome
- Condemned Fort Worth killer of 2 gets January death date
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring