BELTON, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' softball team lost to Mary Hardin-Baylor 5-0 on Friday evening at Dee Dillon Field in American Southwest Conference action.
Myranda Hinojosa had an RBI groundout in the fourth inning to break a scoreless tie and the Cru scored four times in the fifth inning on four hits and an error.
Sarah Truelove and Kara LeLeux had two hits each for the Cowgirls. Janie Neyland led UMHB with three hits.
Emily Hardaway worked a complete-game and allowed just three earned runs to fall to 9-9 on the year.
Rebekah Ragsdale tossed a two-hit shutout for the Cru to improve to 17-5 on the season.
HSU is 21-15 overall and 18-13 in ASC play. UMHB improved to 26-12 overall and 21-10 in league play. The teams will play a 1 p.m. doubleheader on Saturday.
Information for this story provided by Hardin-Simmons Athletics.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated