ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's tennis team lost 7-2 to Schreiner in American Southwest Conference action at the Streich Tennis Center on Friday afternoon.
Angie Nhan won the only single match for the Cowgirls as she won at No. 2 single after splitting sets Shelby Thompson injury retired.
Nhan and Genene Haddad also picked up a win at No. 1 doubles, 8-4 over Leanna Hayes and Thompson.
HSU is now 1-8 on the year and 1-2 in ASC play. Schreiner improved to 8-5 and 1-1 in ASC action.
Schreiner 7, Hardin-Simmons 2
1. Leanna Haynes (SU) def. Genene Haddad, 6-1, 6-3
2. Angie Nhan (HSU) def. Shelby Thompson, 2-6, 6-2, retired
3. Teresa Gaitan (SU) def. Kelci Jackson, 6-1, 6-1
4. Karyn Swink (SU) def. Tram Le, 6-0, 6-0
5. Kelley Spahn (SU) def. Amelia Cheney, 6-2, 6-0
6. Brooke Ohlman (SU) def. Shelby Saul, 6-1, 6-1
1. Haddad/Nhan (HSU) def. Haynes/Thompson, 8-4
2. Swink/ Gaitan (SU) def. Le/Jackson, 8-2
3. Spahn/Ohlman (SU) def. Cheney/Saul, 8-5
Information for this story provided by HSU Sports Information.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend