ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' softball team finished off its American Southwest Conference sweep over Howard Payne with a 4-1 win on Friday afternoon at Ellis Field.
HSU jumped on the board in the first inning when Mac Clay had an RBI single. Carley Willis made it 2-0 in the fourth with her first home run of the season.
Clay, a senior playing her last home game, belted a two-run home run in the sixth inning in her final home at-bat of her career.
Emily Hardaway worked five shutout innings to improve to 9-8 on the year. She allowed just two hits. Lara Ammermann allowed one unearned run in two innings of work to record the save.
Tayler Rushing took the loss allowing four runs on six hits.
Clay had two of HSU's six hits and three different HPU batters had one hit each.
HSU has won 14 game in a row at Ellis Field and improved to 21-14 on the year and 18-12 in league play. Howard Payne fell to 6-28 overall and 5-25 in conference play. HSU plays at Mary Hardin-Baylor next weekend to close out the regular season.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash