TYLER, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's golf team opened the Al Jones Memorial Tournament with a season-best round of 334 on Monday at the par-72, 5,662-yard Cascades Golf Course in Tyler.
Kylee Emerson and Kara Doege led the Cowgirl effort with 80s. They are tied for ninth place overall. Kacy Bartlett shot an 85, Traci Tschirhart shot 89 and Cassi Smith had a 90.
Texas-Tyler leads the team race with a 311. Texas Wesleyan is second, Texas-Tyler B and Centenary are tied for third with 329.
Morgan Loth of Texas-Tyler leads the individual race after shooting a two-over 74.
The teams will play 18 holes on Tuesday to complete the tournament.
T 9 Kylee Emerson
T 9 Kara Doege
T 20 Kacy Bartlett
T 28 Traci Tschirhart
T 30 Cassi Smith
2 Texas Wesleyan
3 Texas-Tyler B
9 Louisiana College
Top 10 Individuals
1 Morgan Loth
2 Jordan Sloane
3 Danielle Poe
UT Tyler B
4 Sarah Bradshaw
6 Shelby Allen
UT Tyler B
9 Kylee Emerson
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Updated Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program