TYLER, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's golf team opened the Al Jones Memorial Tournament with a season-best round of 334 on Monday at the par-72, 5,662-yard Cascades Golf Course in Tyler.
Kylee Emerson and Kara Doege led the Cowgirl effort with 80s. They are tied for ninth place overall. Kacy Bartlett shot an 85, Traci Tschirhart shot 89 and Cassi Smith had a 90.
Texas-Tyler leads the team race with a 311. Texas Wesleyan is second, Texas-Tyler B and Centenary are tied for third with 329.
Morgan Loth of Texas-Tyler leads the individual race after shooting a two-over 74.
The teams will play 18 holes on Tuesday to complete the tournament.
T 9 Kylee Emerson
T 9 Kara Doege
T 20 Kacy Bartlett
T 28 Traci Tschirhart
T 30 Cassi Smith
2 Texas Wesleyan
3 Texas-Tyler B
9 Louisiana College
Top 10 Individuals
1 Morgan Loth
2 Jordan Sloane
3 Danielle Poe
UT Tyler B
4 Sarah Bradshaw
6 Shelby Allen
UT Tyler B
9 Kylee Emerson
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking