TYLER, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's golf team opened the Al Jones Memorial Tournament with a season-best round of 334 on Monday at the par-72, 5,662-yard Cascades Golf Course in Tyler.
Kylee Emerson and Kara Doege led the Cowgirl effort with 80s. They are tied for ninth place overall. Kacy Bartlett shot an 85, Traci Tschirhart shot 89 and Cassi Smith had a 90.
Texas-Tyler leads the team race with a 311. Texas Wesleyan is second, Texas-Tyler B and Centenary are tied for third with 329.
Morgan Loth of Texas-Tyler leads the individual race after shooting a two-over 74.
The teams will play 18 holes on Tuesday to complete the tournament.
T 9 Kylee Emerson
T 9 Kara Doege
T 20 Kacy Bartlett
T 28 Traci Tschirhart
T 30 Cassi Smith
2 Texas Wesleyan
3 Texas-Tyler B
9 Louisiana College
Top 10 Individuals
1 Morgan Loth
2 Jordan Sloane
3 Danielle Poe
UT Tyler B
4 Sarah Bradshaw
6 Shelby Allen
UT Tyler B
9 Kylee Emerson
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire
- Updated Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase
- Updated Police: Man charged in Texas mosque threat later apologized