SPRING BRANCH, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's golf team received career-low rounds from three players and shot a season-best 327 in the first round of the Alamo City Classic being played at the par-72, 5814-yard River Crossing Golf Course in Spring Branch.
Junior Kacy Bartlett, sophomore Kara Doege and Senior Traci Tschirhart each set career lows on Monday. Bartlett fired a 78 and is in seventh place and Doege shot a 79 and is tied for 10th. Traci Tschirhart shot an 82. Kylee Emerson shot an 88 and Cassi Smith had a 97.
HSU is playing the rest of the fall without top scorer Dylan Dawson, who is battling a wrist injury.
Mary Hardin-Baylor shot a 299 and has a 14 shot advantage over Texas-Tyler. Schreiner is third with a 321, Trinity shot a 325. UT-Brownsville shot a 330 and is sixth, Concordia shot 336 and is seventh and Texas Lutheran is eighth with a 358.
The tournament concludes with 18 holes on Tuesday and it will close out the fall for HSU.
T 7 Kacy Bartlett
T 10 Kara Doege
T 21 Traci Tschirhart
35 Kylee Emerson
40 Cassi Smith
1 Mary Hardin-Baylor
8 Texas Lutheran
Top 10 Individuals
1 Taylor O'Rear
2 Shelby Allen
3 Kelly Gonyea
4 Christine Campbell
7 Kaley Jackson
10 Victoria Thane
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking