SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's soccer team scored three first half goals and beat Luther 4-1 on Saturday evening at McGinlay Field in San Antonio.
Devon Howard put the Cowgirls on the board in the 11th minute on a nice double assist from Taylor Thigpen and Julianne Kucera.
Thigpen then found Caitlin Cramer in the 28th minute on a corner kick and Cramer buried it to make it 2-0. Howard scored again on a double assist from Courtney Cramer and Taylor Thigpen in the 38th minute.
Luther scored its only goal in the 40th minute when Melissa Chase scored unassisted.
Thigpen added a goal to go with her three assists in the 52nd minute.
Lexi Stinson earned the win in goal with a save in the first half. Abby Blunt worked a scoreless second half for the Cowgirls in goal. Molly Hilgart had 11 saves for the Norse.
HSU outshot Luther 29-9 in the game and 16-3 on goal. HSU also had 13 corner kicks in the game.
The Cowgirls are now 1-1 on the year and will play California Lutheran next Friday at UT-Dallas in Richardson. Luther fell to 0-2 on the year.
Information provided by HSU athletics.
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Updated Supporters mark slain girl's 10th birthday in Albuquerque
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Why some are stealing medications from their pets