SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's soccer team scored three first half goals and beat Luther 4-1 on Saturday evening at McGinlay Field in San Antonio.
Devon Howard put the Cowgirls on the board in the 11th minute on a nice double assist from Taylor Thigpen and Julianne Kucera.
Thigpen then found Caitlin Cramer in the 28th minute on a corner kick and Cramer buried it to make it 2-0. Howard scored again on a double assist from Courtney Cramer and Taylor Thigpen in the 38th minute.
Luther scored its only goal in the 40th minute when Melissa Chase scored unassisted.
Thigpen added a goal to go with her three assists in the 52nd minute.
Lexi Stinson earned the win in goal with a save in the first half. Abby Blunt worked a scoreless second half for the Cowgirls in goal. Molly Hilgart had 11 saves for the Norse.
HSU outshot Luther 29-9 in the game and 16-3 on goal. HSU also had 13 corner kicks in the game.
The Cowgirls are now 1-1 on the year and will play California Lutheran next Friday at UT-Dallas in Richardson. Luther fell to 0-2 on the year.
Information provided by HSU athletics.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated