ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' volleyball team remained perfect in American Southwest Conference action with a 25-13, 25-19, 25-15 win over Concordia on Saturday afternoon at the Mabee Complex.
The Cowgirls hit .301 as a team and limited the Tornados to a .100 hitting percentage. HSU also had the big serve game working as it recorded 10 service aces in the match.
"I thought we played well all the way around," said HSU head coach Sabrina Bingham. "We passed well moved the ball to the right spots and served really well. I like the direction this team is going, because they work hard every day and continue to get better and better as the season goes on."
Madison Reyes led a balanced Cowgirl attack with 12 kills. Morgan Watts had six kills and three block assists. Molli Owen led the Cowgirl setters with 17 assists and Addison Zaya had 17 digs.
Stacy Manship had seven kills to pace Concordia and Alissa Johnson had 10 digs.
The Cowgirls have won 10 matches in a row and are 14-3 overall and 8-0 in ASC action. Concordia fell to 8-11 overall and 3-5 in ASC play. HSU will return to action on Friday in the second Dig Pink ASC Crossover in Richardson.
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget