TYLER, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's golf team opened the Al Jones Memorial Tournament with a season-best round of 353 on Monday at the par-72, 5,838-yard Cascades Golf Course in Tyler.
Freshman Dylan Dawson led the way with an 83, which was good for 13th place. Kacy Bartlett shot an 86. Kyla Stanton and Kara Doege each had rounds of 92. Traci Tschirhart shot a 95 as the discard score.
Texas-Tyler leads the tournament by two strokes over Tyler Junior College after shooting a 324. Laura Lindsey of UTT shot a 76 to lead the medalist race.
The tournament will conclude with 18 holes on Tuesday.
Information for this story provided by HSU Sports Information.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store