TYLER, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's golf team opened the Al Jones Memorial Tournament with a season-best round of 353 on Monday at the par-72, 5,838-yard Cascades Golf Course in Tyler.
Freshman Dylan Dawson led the way with an 83, which was good for 13th place. Kacy Bartlett shot an 86. Kyla Stanton and Kara Doege each had rounds of 92. Traci Tschirhart shot a 95 as the discard score.
Texas-Tyler leads the tournament by two strokes over Tyler Junior College after shooting a 324. Laura Lindsey of UTT shot a 76 to lead the medalist race.
The tournament will conclude with 18 holes on Tuesday.
Information for this story provided by HSU Sports Information.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated