TEMPLE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's golf team shot a 366 and is in ninth place at the Mary Hardin-Baylor Fall Classic that is being played at the Wildflower Country Club in Temple.
The Cowgirls are playing the tournament without No. 1 player Dylan Dawson who is out with an injury. Kylee Emerson led the Cowgirls with an 86. Traci Tschirhart shot 91, Kacy Bartlett fired a 93, Kara Doege shot a 96 and Cassi Smith shot 102. Alex Ibarra also shot a 102 playing as an individual.
Tyler Junior College leads the team race by four strokes over Western Texas 309-313. Mary Hardin-Baylor is the top Division III team with a 318, Southwestern is fourth with a 323 and Trinity is fifth with a 338.
Morgan Best of Tyler JC, Iben Hvass of Western Texas and Ali Walden of Southwestern are in a three-way tie for the individual lead after shooting 74.
The tournament will conclude with 18 holes on Tuesday.
T 27 Kylee Emerson
41 Traci Tschirhart
T 43 Kacy Bartlett
49 Kara Doege
T 53 Cassi Smith
1 Tyler Junior College
2 Western Texas CC
3 Mary Hardin-Baylor
7 UC Santa Cruz
Mary Hardin-Baylor 2
Top 10 Team Individuals
1 Morgan Best
4 Devanshi Naik
5 Saraid Ruiz
8 Bernice Leonard
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Updated Search continues in Sweetwater after man ditches motorcycle, flees
- New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend