ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's soccer team continued its roll with a 7-0 win over Texas Lutheran Saturday afternoon in American Southwest Conference action at the HSU Soccer Complex.
The Cowgirls outshot Texas Lutheran 41-2, 18-0 on goal and played 24 players in the win.
Devon Howard scored for the fifth time of the season off a double assist from Courtney and Caitlin Cramer in the fifth minutes. Kristen Pack scored her first Cowgirl goal at the 7:05 mark and the outcome was never in doubt after that.
Austin Ricker added her third goal of the weekend at the 23:15 mark to give HSU a 3-0 halftime lead. Shannon Byrd, Julianne Kucera, Katie Kuykendall and Megan Prindle all scored in the second half.
Lexi Stinson, Abby Blunt and Ashley Porter split the game up in goal but none of the three had to make a save.
The Cowgirls are 9-0-1 on the year and 6-0 in ASC action. Texas Lutheran fell to 4-7 overall and 3-5 in league play. HSU plays at East Texas Baptist next Saturday.
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- California lawmakers pass bill inspired by Brock Turner case
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued