ABILENE, Texas - In a game that was delayed in the middle by lightning in the area, Hardin-Simmons beat Concordia 2-0 in American Southwest Conference women's soccer action at the HSU Soccer Complex.
Caitlin Cramer scored on a corner kick from Taylor Thigpen in the 26th minute and Hannah Perkins scored in the 31st minute to make it 2-0 off a Julianne Kucera assist.
The Cowgirl defense was dominant in the game allowing only two shots and one on goal. Lexi Stinson recorded the shutout with one save.
HSU outshot the Tornados 23-2 and 12-1 on goal.
HSU has won eight straight to improve to 8-1 on the year and 4-0 in ASC action. Concordia fell to 4-3-2 overall and to 2-1 in league play.
The Cowgirls host Mississippi College and Louisiana College next weekend.
Information provided by HSU athletidcs department.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash