ABILENE, Texas - In a game that was delayed in the middle by lightning in the area, Hardin-Simmons beat Concordia 2-0 in American Southwest Conference women's soccer action at the HSU Soccer Complex.
Caitlin Cramer scored on a corner kick from Taylor Thigpen in the 26th minute and Hannah Perkins scored in the 31st minute to make it 2-0 off a Julianne Kucera assist.
The Cowgirl defense was dominant in the game allowing only two shots and one on goal. Lexi Stinson recorded the shutout with one save.
HSU outshot the Tornados 23-2 and 12-1 on goal.
HSU has won eight straight to improve to 8-1 on the year and 4-0 in ASC action. Concordia fell to 4-3-2 overall and to 2-1 in league play.
The Cowgirls host Mississippi College and Louisiana College next weekend.
Information provided by HSU athletidcs department.
- Witness to Abilene man's murder names Gootee as shooter
- 2 riding in Bangs bike race to honor fallen Texas officers
- Ex-NFL quarterback Tim Tebow to speak in Brownwood next year
- Drone taking video of downtown Abilene streets Sunday
- Updated Police fatality report: Car accidents among top cause of death