ABILENE, Texas - In a game that was delayed in the middle by lightning in the area, Hardin-Simmons beat Concordia 2-0 in American Southwest Conference women's soccer action at the HSU Soccer Complex.
Caitlin Cramer scored on a corner kick from Taylor Thigpen in the 26th minute and Hannah Perkins scored in the 31st minute to make it 2-0 off a Julianne Kucera assist.
The Cowgirl defense was dominant in the game allowing only two shots and one on goal. Lexi Stinson recorded the shutout with one save.
HSU outshot the Tornados 23-2 and 12-1 on goal.
HSU has won eight straight to improve to 8-1 on the year and 4-0 in ASC action. Concordia fell to 4-3-2 overall and to 2-1 in league play.
The Cowgirls host Mississippi College and Louisiana College next weekend.
Information provided by HSU athletidcs department.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated