ABILENE, Texas - In a game that was delayed in the middle by lightning in the area, Hardin-Simmons beat Concordia 2-0 in American Southwest Conference women's soccer action at the HSU Soccer Complex.
Caitlin Cramer scored on a corner kick from Taylor Thigpen in the 26th minute and Hannah Perkins scored in the 31st minute to make it 2-0 off a Julianne Kucera assist.
The Cowgirl defense was dominant in the game allowing only two shots and one on goal. Lexi Stinson recorded the shutout with one save.
HSU outshot the Tornados 23-2 and 12-1 on goal.
HSU has won eight straight to improve to 8-1 on the year and 4-0 in ASC action. Concordia fell to 4-3-2 overall and to 2-1 in league play.
The Cowgirls host Mississippi College and Louisiana College next weekend.
Information provided by HSU athletidcs department.
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase