BELTON, TX - Against HTU Hannah Hornsby led a balanced attack with 10 kills. The Cowgirls played 15 players in the match.
Tucker Smith led the team with 15 assists and Addison Zaya had a team-high nine digs. Molli Owen had three service aces.
Against Southwestern, four Cowgirls hit double figures in kills. Senior middle Tori Martinez led the way with 19 kills. Hornsby and Morgan Watts added 12 each and Christine Sas had 10.
Zaya led the defense with 29 digs and Sas added 16 to record a double-double. Ashley Babineauz had 11 digs. Martinez was in on five blocks, one solo and four assisted.
The Cowgirls opened the season 1-3 in the two-day tournament. HSU will head to Ashland, Va., for a tournament next weekend.
Information provided by HSU Athletics.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated