ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's volleyball team swept a pair of American Southwest Conference matches on Saturday at the Abilene ASC pod, beating Concordia 25-22, 25-21, 25-22 and topping Sul Ross State 25-16, 25-21, 25-18.
In the win over Concordia, Christine Sas had 11 kills and Tori Martinez added 10. Addison Zaya and Ashley Babineaux each had 12 digs. HSU also had 10 service aces in the match and hit .269.
HSU honored its six seniors before the Sul Ross State match. Sas, Martinez, Zaya, Babineaux, Gabi Martinez and Belle Shaver finished their career at home with a 27-0 record.
Morgan Watts led a balanced attack against SRSU. Tori Martinez added eight kills. Sas and Zaya had eight digs each.
The Cowgirls hit .320 in the match and again had 10 service aces.
The wins pushed the Cowgirls' home court winning streak to 52 straight matches dating back to the 2006 season. HSU improved to 18-10 overall and to 13-3 in league play. The Cowgirls will play UT-Dallas and Howard Payne next Saturday in Brownwood to conclude ASC play.
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week