ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's tennis team beat LeTourneau 6-3 in American Southwest Conference action on Tuesday afternoon at the Streich Tennis Center.
Genene Haddad and Jasmine Briant gave the Cowgirls a 2-1 lead after doubles with a win in a tiebreaker at No. 1 doubles. The Smith sisters Jenna and Hannah won 8-0 at No. 2 doubles.
Hannah Smith won a tough three-setter at No. 2 singles. Jenna Smith, Jasmine Briant and Kacie Berutti had straight set wins at No. 3, 4 and 6 singles.
HSU is now 5-10 overall but improved to 4-3 in ASC action. LeTourneau is 6-8 overall and 3-3 in conference play. HSU will host Howard Payne on April 11 in its next action.
Hardin-Simmons 6, LeTourneau 3
1. Sarah Case (LETU) def. Genene Haddad, 3-6, 6-2, 6-3
2. Hannah Smith (HSU) def. Shelby May, 6-1, 1-6, 6-3
3. Jenna Smith (HSU) def. Kayla Bonina, 6-4, 6-4
4. Jasmine Briant (HSU) def. Amy Miley, 6-3, 6-3
5. Miranda Lamb (LETU) def. Alynna Phouthakhio, 6-0, 6-2
6. Kacie Berutti (HSU) def. Megan Rush, 6-0, 7-5
1. Haddad/Briant (HSU) def. Case/Bonina, 9-8 (7-4)
2. Hannah Smith/Jenna Smith (HSU) def. May/Megan Rush, 8-0
3. Miley/Lamb (LETU) def. Phouthakhio/Berutti, 8-4
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated