BROWNWOOD, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' volleyball team split a pair of American Southwest Conference matches on Saturday afternoon in Brownwood, beating Howard Payne 25-23, 15-25, 25-23, 25-20 before falling 25-21, 25-23, 25-20 to Texas-Dallas.
Christine Sas led the Cowgirls effort against Howard Payne. She recorded 15 kills and 14 digs. Hannah Hornsby had 10 kills and Tori Martinez added nine. Ashley Babineaux had 18 digs and Addison Zaya added 11.
Tucker Smith had 27 assists and Molli Owen added 18.
In the loss to UTD, Hornsby led the way with 13 kills and Sas added nine. Babineaux had 22 digs and Owen had 14 assists and Smith added 13.
HSU is now 12-9 on the season and 7-2 in league play. UTD is 14-6 overall and 7-1 in ASC action and Howard Payne is 13-7 overall and 4-5 in conference play.
The Cowgirls play in an ASC pod next week in Tyler with games against UT-Tyler, Mississippi College, LeTourneau and East Texas Baptist.
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth