BROWNWOOD, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' volleyball team split a pair of American Southwest Conference matches on Saturday afternoon in Brownwood, beating Howard Payne 25-23, 15-25, 25-23, 25-20 before falling 25-21, 25-23, 25-20 to Texas-Dallas.
Christine Sas led the Cowgirls effort against Howard Payne. She recorded 15 kills and 14 digs. Hannah Hornsby had 10 kills and Tori Martinez added nine. Ashley Babineaux had 18 digs and Addison Zaya added 11.
Tucker Smith had 27 assists and Molli Owen added 18.
In the loss to UTD, Hornsby led the way with 13 kills and Sas added nine. Babineaux had 22 digs and Owen had 14 assists and Smith added 13.
HSU is now 12-9 on the season and 7-2 in league play. UTD is 14-6 overall and 7-1 in ASC action and Howard Payne is 13-7 overall and 4-5 in conference play.
The Cowgirls play in an ASC pod next week in Tyler with games against UT-Tyler, Mississippi College, LeTourneau and East Texas Baptist.
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Updated Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Updated Cooper High School holds 2nd annual car show to benefit band
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi