ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' volleyball team hit the court for the first time this season on Monday.
Seventh-year head coach Sabrina Bingham welcomed in 19 players, including 11 returning lettermen and five starters from a year ago.
"We have an experienced team, but we also have a very good class of freshmen," said Bingham. "We are ready to start blending them into a team. This is the most players we have ever had to start the season, so it will be different from that standpoint."
The Cowgirls will be looking for a fourth straight American Southwest Conference title in 2013. Last year HSU had a school-record 25-game winning streak as part of a 29-4 record.
HSU will open its season on August 30 at a tournament in Belton.
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated