ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' volleyball team hit the court for the first time this season on Monday.
Seventh-year head coach Sabrina Bingham welcomed in 19 players, including 11 returning lettermen and five starters from a year ago.
"We have an experienced team, but we also have a very good class of freshmen," said Bingham. "We are ready to start blending them into a team. This is the most players we have ever had to start the season, so it will be different from that standpoint."
The Cowgirls will be looking for a fourth straight American Southwest Conference title in 2013. Last year HSU had a school-record 25-game winning streak as part of a 29-4 record.
HSU will open its season on August 30 at a tournament in Belton.
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot