MINNEAPOLIS - Hardin-Simmons senior defender Courtney Cramer and senior midfielder Taylor Thigpen have been selected to the D3soccer.com All-American team and Cramer also added a second-team National Soccer Coaches Association of America Scholar All-American award.
Cramer earned D3soccer.com all-American honors for the third time in her career. She was on the second team this year and was a first-team selection in 2012 and third team in 2011. She was also named NSCAA second-team All-American last week.
She had a 3.97 GPA to claim scholar all-American honors. That is for all players in Division II, III and NAIA and takes in account academics and athletics as well. She is a defender from Abilene and was named the American Southwest Conference defensive player of the year. She had eight goals on the year, mostly off corner kicks.
Taylor Thigpen earned third team honors to go along with her second-team NSCAA All-American honors. The senior midfielder from Lockhart had six goals and 19 assists.
The Cowgirls went 16-2-1 on the year advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament and won its 11th straight ASC title.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Updated Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Updated Cooper High School holds 2nd annual car show to benefit band
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi