CORAL SPRINGS, Florida - Kara Doege and Dylan Dawson a pair of juniors-to-be have been named to the 2014 Women's Golf Coaches Association All-American Scholars team for their work in the classroom in the 2013-14 school year.
There were 664 women's collegiate golfers recognized with the honor at the Division I, II and III levels.
The criteria for selection to the all-American scholar team are some of the most stringent in all of college athletics. The minimum cumulative GPA is 3.50.
It is the second straight year both players have been named to the team.
Doege is a Speech Pathology major from Monahans and Dawson is a psychology major from Mansfield.
Information for this story provided by Hardin-Simmons Athletics.
- 17 children adopted at Taylor County Courthouse on Adoption Day
- Texas spirit: How a fatal wreck brought hundreds of cheerleaders together
- Police: 2 Abilene men face federal charges for filming sexual assault of girl, 12
- Lineup announced for 7th annual Outlaws & Legends Music Festival
- Police need help identifying Abilene theft suspect
- Man, 24, killed in Jones County crash
- Reindeer involved in accident near Sweetwater weeks before Christmas
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale