CORAL SPRINGS, Florida - Kara Doege and Dylan Dawson a pair of juniors-to-be have been named to the 2014 Women's Golf Coaches Association All-American Scholars team for their work in the classroom in the 2013-14 school year.
There were 664 women's collegiate golfers recognized with the honor at the Division I, II and III levels.
The criteria for selection to the all-American scholar team are some of the most stringent in all of college athletics. The minimum cumulative GPA is 3.50.
It is the second straight year both players have been named to the team.
Doege is a Speech Pathology major from Monahans and Dawson is a psychology major from Mansfield.
Information for this story provided by Hardin-Simmons Athletics.
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Gun and knife show returns to Abilene this weekend
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit