CORAL SPRINGS, Florida - Kara Doege and Dylan Dawson a pair of juniors-to-be have been named to the 2014 Women's Golf Coaches Association All-American Scholars team for their work in the classroom in the 2013-14 school year.
There were 664 women's collegiate golfers recognized with the honor at the Division I, II and III levels.
The criteria for selection to the all-American scholar team are some of the most stringent in all of college athletics. The minimum cumulative GPA is 3.50.
It is the second straight year both players have been named to the team.
Doege is a Speech Pathology major from Monahans and Dawson is a psychology major from Mansfield.
Information for this story provided by Hardin-Simmons Athletics.
- Updated You had one job: Meet the firm behind Oscars blunder
- Residents in Big Country report fireball in sky, loud boom
- Updated Texas officer given restaurant receipt with profane insult
- Air Force sergeant convicted of misconduct with 8 women
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar after mistaken announcement
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program