CORAL SPRINGS, Florida - Kara Doege and Dylan Dawson a pair of juniors-to-be have been named to the 2014 Women's Golf Coaches Association All-American Scholars team for their work in the classroom in the 2013-14 school year.
There were 664 women's collegiate golfers recognized with the honor at the Division I, II and III levels.
The criteria for selection to the all-American scholar team are some of the most stringent in all of college athletics. The minimum cumulative GPA is 3.50.
It is the second straight year both players have been named to the team.
Doege is a Speech Pathology major from Monahans and Dawson is a psychology major from Mansfield.
Information for this story provided by Hardin-Simmons Athletics.
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities