ABILENE, Texas - Nathan Cotterell scored two first-half goals to lift the University of Texas of the Permian Basin past McMurry University 4-2 Monday afternoon in Heartland Conference action at Edwards Field.
Cotterell scored goals at the 13-minute and 19-minute marks and Angelo Farrow found the back of the net just before the 35-minute mark to give the Falcons a commanding 3-0 lead.
David Cato (Canyon, Texas/Canyon HS) scored at the 40-minute mark and UTPB (7-9, 3-4 Heartland) led 3-1 at halftime.
Michael Westerman (Brownwood, Texas/Brownwood HS) scored five minutes into the second half to make it a one-score game.
Caio Toth scored with five minutes remaining in regulation to put the game out of reach.
McM (4-10-1, 2-5) return to action Nov. 2 at St Mary's University and close out the regular season Nov. 4 at Texas A&M International University.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Athletics.
- Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer