ABILENE, Texas - Nathan Cotterell scored two first-half goals to lift the University of Texas of the Permian Basin past McMurry University 4-2 Monday afternoon in Heartland Conference action at Edwards Field.
Cotterell scored goals at the 13-minute and 19-minute marks and Angelo Farrow found the back of the net just before the 35-minute mark to give the Falcons a commanding 3-0 lead.
David Cato (Canyon, Texas/Canyon HS) scored at the 40-minute mark and UTPB (7-9, 3-4 Heartland) led 3-1 at halftime.
Michael Westerman (Brownwood, Texas/Brownwood HS) scored five minutes into the second half to make it a one-score game.
Caio Toth scored with five minutes remaining in regulation to put the game out of reach.
McM (4-10-1, 2-5) return to action Nov. 2 at St Mary's University and close out the regular season Nov. 4 at Texas A&M International University.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Athletics.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene