WASHINGTON - The Defense Department says it has temporarily suspended all sports competitions at the service academies as a result of the partial government shutdown.
The decision jeopardizes this weekend's football games - Air Force at Navy and Army at Boston College.
A Pentagon spokesman, Army Col. Steve Warren, says the suspension is being reviewed by Pentagon lawyers to determine whether funds used for these activities are congressionally appropriated funds.
The U.S. Naval Academy said in a statement that a decision will made Thursday on whether the Midshipmen will play Saturday.
The Navy-Howard soccer match scheduled for Tuesday night was called off and it's not known if the game will be made up.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth