WACO, Texas - Former Baylor coach Grant Teaff now has a deep love for Floyd Casey Stadium.
That wasn't always the feeling he had about the stadium the No. 9 Bears will close Saturday after 64 seasons when they play No. 23 Texas. The winner gets at least a share of the Big 12 title.
Teaff, the Bears coach from 1972-92, now gets emotional thinking about the stadium where he has so many memories, including two Southwest Conference titles.
The Bears move next season to a $260 million stadium being built on the Waco campus, along the Brazos River and busy Interstate 35.
They have won their last nine home games, and won 22 of their last 25 at Floyd Casey Stadium, including 2011 when Robert Griffin III won the Heisman Trophy.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account