PLAINVIEW, Texas - McMurry University rolled up 590 yards of total offense – and reached some program milestones – in its 56-29 win over Wayland Baptist University Both records set by the War Hawks (2-8) were set by the first half, as McM led the Pioneers (0-9) 42-9 at the break.
Freshman quarterback threw six touchdown passes in the first half, giving him 37 total for the season. That eclipsed the McM season record for TD passes of 35 set by in 2010.
caught three of those TD aerials (12, 17 and 68 yards), upping his season total to 15 touchdown receptions. That ties Livingston with R.J. Long (2010) for most in a season.
had two of the scoring catches on grabs of 14 and 18 yards. had a 19-yard TD reception to help McM to the bi halftime cushion.
led the defense with nine tackles.
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances persist into the weekend
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- McMurry University kicks off school year with convocation
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident