PLAINVIEW, Texas - McMurry University rolled up 590 yards of total offense – and reached some program milestones – in its 56-29 win over Wayland Baptist University Both records set by the War Hawks (2-8) were set by the first half, as McM led the Pioneers (0-9) 42-9 at the break.
Freshman quarterback threw six touchdown passes in the first half, giving him 37 total for the season. That eclipsed the McM season record for TD passes of 35 set by in 2010.
caught three of those TD aerials (12, 17 and 68 yards), upping his season total to 15 touchdown receptions. That ties Livingston with R.J. Long (2010) for most in a season.
had two of the scoring catches on grabs of 14 and 18 yards. had a 19-yard TD reception to help McM to the bi halftime cushion.
led the defense with nine tackles.
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range