ABILENE, Texas - Two years after graduating from Wylie, Jaime Boyd's dream has come true. The 2012 Bulldog grad has pitched his way into a Division II scholarship.
Boyd signed with West Texas A&M on Thursday afternoon at Action Zone.
He's joining the Buffaloes after playing for Howard Payne in 2014. With the Yellow Jackets, Boyd went 1-1 with 14 strikeouts in just 18 innings of work. He made 13 appearances for HPU last season out of the bullpen.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking