COLLEGE STATION, Texas - After one season as an Aggie, Peyton Little is transferring out of College Station. The Texas A&M athletic dept. has confirmed to KTXS that Little is leaving the women's basketball program there.
Little, a freshman on the team this season, and the Aggies finished the 2012-13 season 25-10 (11-5 SEC) and won the SEC women's conference tournament. She averaged 15 minutes per game and 4.5 points per game.
Much of Little's best production came in the first half of the season. In games against Southern, Louisiana Tech and Old Dominion, she scored 11, 18 and 10 points respectively.
in conference play, Little's best offensive production came in a January 3rd game against Alabama, scoring 13 points in 20 minutes. She also scored 17 points in 20 minutes against Mizzou.
Little led the Wylie lady Bulldogs to three straight state tournament appearances in 3A, and back-to-back 3A titles as a junior and senior.
There is no word where Peyton Little intends to go next.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated