FT. SMITH, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas-Fort Smith swept McMurry University 26-24, 25-15 and 25-23 in Heartland Conference action Thursday evening.
McM (6-9, 4-2 Heartland) was led by Kayla Hines (Robinson, Texas/Robinson HS). The junior recorded a team-high nine kills and a .333 hitting percentage. Sophomore Kelsey Harkins (Elgin, Texas/Elgin HS) and senior Kasi Conners (Abilene, Texas/Abilene HS) each helped out with seven kills.
The War Hawks committed 11 errors; while the Lions (9-6, 6-0) recorded 15 errors.
Michelle Walker had a match-high 15 kills to lead the Lions. Payton Hamilton and Jordan Pickett contributed 12 kills apiece.
As a team the Lions notched a .365 hitting percentage, while the War Hawks hit .236.
McM returns to action Saturday and plays host to Dallas Baptist University at noon.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Athletics.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Updated Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- Big Country 100 Men Who Care gives away another $10,000
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting