FT. SMITH, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas-Fort Smith swept McMurry University 26-24, 25-15 and 25-23 in Heartland Conference action Thursday evening.
McM (6-9, 4-2 Heartland) was led by Kayla Hines (Robinson, Texas/Robinson HS). The junior recorded a team-high nine kills and a .333 hitting percentage. Sophomore Kelsey Harkins (Elgin, Texas/Elgin HS) and senior Kasi Conners (Abilene, Texas/Abilene HS) each helped out with seven kills.
The War Hawks committed 11 errors; while the Lions (9-6, 6-0) recorded 15 errors.
Michelle Walker had a match-high 15 kills to lead the Lions. Payton Hamilton and Jordan Pickett contributed 12 kills apiece.
As a team the Lions notched a .365 hitting percentage, while the War Hawks hit .236.
McM returns to action Saturday and plays host to Dallas Baptist University at noon.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Athletics.
- Updated Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Updated Abilene man, 20, taken to hospital after motorcycle broadsides car
- Updated Leaders approve $105M renovation plan for Houston Astrodome
- Condemned Fort Worth killer of 2 gets January death date
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring