ABILENE, Texas -
After two significant rain storms soaked the Big Country Saturday afternoon, the Abilene Christian and East Central baseball coaches decided to cancel Saturday night's game at Crutcher Scott Field.
Today's game was originally scheduled to start at 2 p.m., but was later pushed back to 4 p.m. after the first storm hit around 12:30 p.m. And just as the teams were getting ready to warm-up again, fans were asked to exit the stadium as a significant thunderstorm bringing hail and lightning rolled into the Key City.
That second wave of rain saturated much of left field, forcing the coaches to deem it unplayable even though tonight's forecast called for clear skies and cool temperatures in the mid 60s.
The Tigers and Wildcats will conclude their series Sunday with a single game at 1 p.m.
Information for this story provided by ACU Athletics.
- Updated Police identify victim in west Abilene homicide
- LIVE FBI reviewing new emails in Clinton classified information probe
- Parents charged after toddler dies in Texas house fire
- Wife of Texas teacher charged in 2 deaths accused of tampering
- Police: Texas college student rams squad car while taking topless selfie
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking