ABILENE, Texas -
After two significant rain storms soaked the Big Country Saturday afternoon, the Abilene Christian and East Central baseball coaches decided to cancel Saturday night's game at Crutcher Scott Field.
Today's game was originally scheduled to start at 2 p.m., but was later pushed back to 4 p.m. after the first storm hit around 12:30 p.m. And just as the teams were getting ready to warm-up again, fans were asked to exit the stadium as a significant thunderstorm bringing hail and lightning rolled into the Key City.
That second wave of rain saturated much of left field, forcing the coaches to deem it unplayable even though tonight's forecast called for clear skies and cool temperatures in the mid 60s.
The Tigers and Wildcats will conclude their series Sunday with a single game at 1 p.m.
Information for this story provided by ACU Athletics.
- Brownwood teen accused of killing daughter waives right to jury trial
- Brownwood mayor's State of the City focuses on finances, future projects
- Court finds Brownwood murder suspect competent to stand trial
- Brown County Christian academy wants nearby speed limit reduced
- Brownwood professor talks new pipeline regulations