AUSTIN, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' men's golf team improved its scored from round one to round two but slipped to fifth place in the Linda Lowery Invitational that was played at the par-72, 6,893-yard Falconhead Golf Club in Austin.
The Cowboys finished the day with a 312 total after shooting 315 in round one. Concordia won its own tournament by six strokes over Schreiner 609 to 615. Mary Hardin-Baylor was third at 617, Texas-Tyler fourth with a 624.
Brandon Heard shot a 76 in the second round and finished with a two-round 151 total to place fourth. Robby Schimmels of UMHB won the tournament with a 73-72-145. Heard led the Cowboys with four birdies in the two rounds.
Sam Rogers and Ryan Hughes had matching 158's to tie for 21st place. Rogers shot 80-78 and Hughes 78-80. Rogers was second in the field with 25 pars in the tournament. Austin Prior shot 82-78-160 for the Cowboys and Sean Aleman shot a 91-89-180.
HSU will next be in action on March 3-4 at the Schreiner Spring Shootout in Kerrville.
Top 10 Individuals
Pablo Mena Medrano
Z. Ryan Bell
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy