ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons Director of Athletics John Neese has named Wade Green as the Director of Athletic Training Services and Head Athletic Trainer overseeing the 18-sport Hardin-Simmons athletic department, effective immediately.
Green, has served as an assistant athletic trainer at Hardin-Simmons for the last four years, working with the volleyball, basketball, cheerleading, dance and tennis programs. Prior to that he was a graduate assistant at HSU for two years and worked with the football and baseball programs.
He replaces D.J. Gililland who will take on a faculty role in the fall.
Green earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in kinesiology with an emphasis in athletic training from Southwestern University in 2007 and completed a master's of education degree with a concentration on Counseling Psychology and Human Development from HSU in 2010.
He is also both a certified athletic trainer, a licensed athletic trainer through the state of Texas.
Green is currently active in the National Athletic Trainers' Association, the Southwestern Athletic Trainers' Association and the Texas State Athletic Trainers' Association.
He has also taught classes in the Hardin-Simmons Athletic Training Education Department.
Green and wife Whitney were married in December of 2013.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Updated DISH Network subscribers lose access to KTXS, ABC38, MeTV programming
- Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning
- Colorado City vet seriously injured in crash, fundraising effort underway
- Police: 2 children taken in 1985 found, mom arrested in Texas
- Video shows dog chained to open trailer on highway
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Brown County Youth Fair steer auctioned for record $15,000
- Brownwood holds 5th annual MLK Day parade, ceremony
- Brown County fire department asking for help buying new truck
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- Clyde family seeks memorial quilt accidentally donated to Goodwill