FORT WORTH - Brittney Griner had 24 points - including a dunk - and 12 rebounds to lead No. 2 Baylor to a 74-35 win over Big 12 newcomer TCU on Wednesday night in the conference opener for both teams.
Odyssey Sims scored 14 points and Brooklyn Pope added 12 for the Lady Bears (11-1, 1-0), who took control with a 20-0 run in the first half to win their eighth straight game.
Donielle Breaux and Natalie Ventress each scored seven points to lead the Horned Frogs (7-5).
TCU shot just 21 percent from the field before 7,394 fans, the largest crowd to see a TCU basketball game - men's or women's - in school history.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account