FORT WORTH - Brittney Griner had 24 points - including a dunk - and 12 rebounds to lead No. 2 Baylor to a 74-35 win over Big 12 newcomer TCU on Wednesday night in the conference opener for both teams.
Odyssey Sims scored 14 points and Brooklyn Pope added 12 for the Lady Bears (11-1, 1-0), who took control with a 20-0 run in the first half to win their eighth straight game.
Donielle Breaux and Natalie Ventress each scored seven points to lead the Horned Frogs (7-5).
TCU shot just 21 percent from the field before 7,394 fans, the largest crowd to see a TCU basketball game - men's or women's - in school history.
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Texas man charged with beheading wife after police visit