FORT WORTH - Brittney Griner had 24 points - including a dunk - and 12 rebounds to lead No. 2 Baylor to a 74-35 win over Big 12 newcomer TCU on Wednesday night in the conference opener for both teams.
Odyssey Sims scored 14 points and Brooklyn Pope added 12 for the Lady Bears (11-1, 1-0), who took control with a 20-0 run in the first half to win their eighth straight game.
Donielle Breaux and Natalie Ventress each scored seven points to lead the Horned Frogs (7-5).
TCU shot just 21 percent from the field before 7,394 fans, the largest crowd to see a TCU basketball game - men's or women's - in school history.
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash