LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Freshman hurler Emily Hardaway was named the National Fastpitch Coaches Association National Pitcher of the Week after posting a 3-0 mark last week.
Hardaway started the week with a two-hitter against Division I Abilene Christian. She allowed just an unearned run in a 2-1 win over the crosstown Wildcats.
She then earned wins in a pair of conference games over the weekend, working a combined nine innings allowing just five hits and one earned run, while striking out nine.
For the week she worked 16 innings, allowing just seven hits and two runs (one earned) and struck out 11 to lead the Cowgirls to a 4-1 week.
Since a 2-7 start for the Cowgirls, HSU has gone 14-3 and in that time frame Hardaway has gone 6-2 with 1.18 ERA. HSU is 16-10 overall on the year.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash