LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Freshman hurler Emily Hardaway was named the National Fastpitch Coaches Association National Pitcher of the Week after posting a 3-0 mark last week.
Hardaway started the week with a two-hitter against Division I Abilene Christian. She allowed just an unearned run in a 2-1 win over the crosstown Wildcats.
She then earned wins in a pair of conference games over the weekend, working a combined nine innings allowing just five hits and one earned run, while striking out nine.
For the week she worked 16 innings, allowing just seven hits and two runs (one earned) and struck out 11 to lead the Cowgirls to a 4-1 week.
Since a 2-7 start for the Cowgirls, HSU has gone 14-3 and in that time frame Hardaway has gone 6-2 with 1.18 ERA. HSU is 16-10 overall on the year.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- WATCH NOW: Live coverage of President Donald Trump's inauguration
- West Texas teacher admits luring immigrant teachers for kickbacks
- Texas judge cited after allegedly making obscene gesture
- Updated Abilene High School students attend presidential inauguration
- Firefighters battle grass fire west of Anson