LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Freshman hurler Emily Hardaway was named the National Fastpitch Coaches Association National Pitcher of the Week after posting a 3-0 mark last week.
Hardaway started the week with a two-hitter against Division I Abilene Christian. She allowed just an unearned run in a 2-1 win over the crosstown Wildcats.
She then earned wins in a pair of conference games over the weekend, working a combined nine innings allowing just five hits and one earned run, while striking out nine.
For the week she worked 16 innings, allowing just seven hits and two runs (one earned) and struck out 11 to lead the Cowgirls to a 4-1 week.
Since a 2-7 start for the Cowgirls, HSU has gone 14-3 and in that time frame Hardaway has gone 6-2 with 1.18 ERA. HSU is 16-10 overall on the year.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities