BROWNWOOD, Texas - The American Southwest Conference today announced its football players of the week for week two and Howard Payne freshman was honored as the Offensive Player of the Week for his performance versus Southwestern Assemblies of God University.
Young went 24-26 in the air with 316 yards and 5 touchdowns in Saturday's win. The Yellow Jackets host Wayland Baptist at 1 p.m. Saturday at Gordon Wood stadium.
Information provided by Howard Payne athletics department.
- Texas gunman had 2 weapons, thousands of rounds at scene
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- KTXS Forecast: Isolated sprinkles possible then drying afternoon
- North Texas son, 18, gets life in prison for killing parents
- Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- More Abilene convenience store robberies reported
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Clyde, rescue dog